Designated First Aiders
Designated First Aider Toolkit
- Regulation 1101 - All employers who are subject to the Occupational Health and Safety Act must comply with Regulation 1101 under Section 3 of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act. The Regulation states what each employer is obligated to provide in the workplace.
- Guidelines for designated first aiders - Regulation 1101 outlines in detail the obligations of employers in the provision of first-aid equipment, facilities, and trained personnel in its workplace. To ensure that these obligations are respected, these guidelines establish the procedures to follow when you give first-aid treatment for work injuries or give advice to the injured worker.
- List of designated first aiders - The list of designated first aiders at the University of Ottawa.
- Building management agents - The list of building management agents.
- Procedure for reporting and cleaning spills of blood and bodily fluids - All individuals are to consider this type of spill as potentially infectious, and respond in an appropriate fashion. The blood borne pathogens of greatest concern are Hepatitis B (HBV) and Hepatitis C (HCV) and the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). These pathogens can be safely decontaminated by following these procedures.
- Accident, incident, occupational illness or near miss report form - Report a workplace injury.
- Blood and bodily fluid exposure - Procedure to follow in the event of exposure to blood or bodily fluids during your responsibilities.