The Office of Risk Management is committed to promoting a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible workplace for University staff, faculty, students and visitors, while supporting our institution's teaching and research mission.
The Office of Risk Management (ORM) oversees University-wide risk, health and safety, and environmental programs that ensure compliance with regulatory and other requirements. ORM also supports teaching and research activities by providing professional advice and by nurturing productive and cooperative relationships with all stakeholders. Key functions in managing risk at the University of Ottawa include:
- designing, implementing and maintaining health and safety and environmental programs, policies and procedures
- protecting the assets of the University
- providing advisory services to the University community on health and safety, environmental planning, radiation, laser and biological safety, and risk management
- acting as University liaison with regulatory agencies and other related organizations
- facilitating student placement with external agencies
- fostering a culture of safety through training and awareness programs and
- coordinating hazardous waste services across our campuses.
Be recognized as a leader in providing proactive integrated risk management services to uOttawa research and teaching community.