Occupational Health & Safety
The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) team at the Office of Risk Management (ORM) provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, its Regulations, and associated legislation by staff, contractors, students, and visitors to the University of Ottawa.
Common requests for information are listed briefly below. If additional information is required on the topic, or you can't locate the information you're looking for, please do not hesitate to contact the Health & Safety team.
Health and Safety News
- Day of Mourning 2017
- Canada to ban asbestos by 2018
- WHMIS is changing!
- Upcoming Ministry of Labour Blitzes
- A Guide to OHSA Requirements for Basic Awareness Training
- Criminal Code of Canada (Bill C-45 / s. 217.1)
- Since March 31, 2004, Bill C-45 has been in effect. This modification to the Criminal Code of Canada allows the prosecution of an individual or corporation in cases of criminal negligence.