Health & Safety Policies and Guidelines
Along with Ontario legislation, the University of Ottawa has developed specific policies, procedures, and guidelines applicable to the University community. All of the policies can be viewed on the Administration and Governance section of the University of Ottawa website. Policies related to occupational health and safety are listed below.
In addition to the full-length documents, there are also short, one-page "Safety Sheets" for quick reference. Safety Sheets are derived from applicable provincial legislation and standards.
- Hazard Reporting Procedure
- Critical Injury Reporting
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hearing Conservation Program
- Respirator Selection and Fit Testing
- Fall Protection
- Electrical Safety
- Thermal Comfort and Heat Stress
- Confined Space
- Small Appliances Guideline
- Hot Work